From Heff to Hottie-week 3
I have done Weight Watchers many times and know when I had a weight gain secretly why, even if I didn't want to admit to anyone, I knew that I hadn't counted everything or maybe had a few too many drinks, but this week I didn't get it. So, I decided to look at natural reasons your body may temporarily put weight on through no fault of your own.
- STRESS-if you are highly stressed you body goes into survival mode and store food and your metabolism slows down.Also, the body has certain foods which self calm the body. Naturally we will be drawn to these and over eat when we are stressed.
- MEDICATION-Certain medicines can cause you to add the pounds on. The reasons can vary dependant on the drug, it can vary from simply increasing your appetite to altering your insulin levels.
- EATING TOO LITTLE-If you eat too late over a period of time your metabolism will slow down, your body will go into starvation mode causing you to store food.
- LACK OF SLEEP-The less sleep you have the more your body craves food to give you energy.
- YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE-Your body can hold up to 7lbs of water the week before your period.
I am hoping that I will see the results of my good work in next week's weight in.